Monday, October 3, 2011

There's no Place like Home

We have had a lot of change in the last couple of months. With all the change and craziness updating my blog came in complete last place. So I guess you could say we are finally settling in and life is settling down.
Our biggest change was finally finding a place to call home. After making offers on two different homes and losing them because we couldn't sell ours we finally sold our home in April without a place to go. I guess we had a place to go. We hunkered in with my Mom and Dad. Which could be a whole other blog post. I'll just say it was wonderful and blog about it later. We stayed with them for four months and house shopped to no avail. Except for one short/long sale that didn't seem to budge. It was okay though because neither Rich or I wanted it to budge. We just kept waiting and hoping that another house would come along that we would just love.
We decided to go through an older home in my parents ward, which was a great home, but not unlike the home we sold. We were hoping for something bigger. When we left that house showing, Rich said he liked the house across the street. It wasn't for sale. Three days later I picked up James from a friend and drove home down that street and that house had a for sale sign up. Well, the rest is history. I guess that's what they say. We got the house on August 22nd. Everything just worked out without a glich. Which was not the case with any other house. We feel very looked out for and so grateful to be in a home that we are thrilled about.
I guess the rest of the change comes with the territory and mostly for the kids. New school, new ward, new stake, new friends and really just new territory. They have handled it all wonderfully. It surprises me that moving probably less than a mile away can cause such newness for us all. I'm glad that the kids still can call old friends and really it is not so hard to get them together.
We're grateful to have a place to call home and such a beautiful and safe neighborhood to raise our children. and yes we are even in my parents ward, which might really come in handy.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I look forward to seeing your new home. Love you guys!

Rachelle said...

yay! I am so glad you have a home! I can't wait for that time in our lives when we can hunker down! i can't wait to get the grand tour!